The AirMap Mobile and web applications do NOT accept waivers at this time.
The FAA Low Altitude Authorization Notification Capability (LAANC) via the AirMap application only approves Flight Plans within 14 CFR Part 107 requirements including but not limited to:
- Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 pounds, including payload, at takeoff
- Keep the unmanned aircraft within visual line-of-sight
- Fly at or below 400 feet
- Fly during daylight or civil twilight
- Fly at or under 100 mph
- Yield right of way to manned aircraft
- Do not fly directly over people
- Do not fly from a moving vehicle, unless in a sparsely populated area
Waivers require submission for approval through the FAA Drone Zone.
Non-compliance with Part 107 requirements in the Flight Brief Page will result in a Rejected result:
Example: The Drone Operator answered the Flight Plan is not occurring within Visual Line of Sight (VLOS). The result will return a Rejected request due to a violation of 14 CFR Part 107 requirements to keep the drone within VLOS during flight.